Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Seeing Double

     Way back when my son was a baby and I was much younger I always thought it would be neat to have twins.  I could just imagine the great fun I would have dressing them alike, and what close buddies they would be as they grew.  Sadly, to my husband's great relief, it just wasn't meant to be.

      Since then, I have always admired women who did have twins.  With age comes wisdom and I have realized just how hard it is.  It takes a lot of strength and stamina as well as love and patience to keep up with two at the same time.   It seems like when one gets hungry they both get hungry; when one cries they both cry.  It takes a special mother to pull it off and I have a deep appreciation of those who manage.  

     Last February our family was blessed with a set of beautiful twins.  Meet my great nephews, Carson and Mason...


 They are absolutely adorable (if I do say so myself), and my niece does an amazing job with them.  I have seen her perform quite a juggling act getting them fed and changed; but she takes it all in stride and never misses a beat.  

     I'm not sure I could have handled two of them as well.  I certainly would have had the love, but I'm not so sure if my patience would have held out.  I think I'm glad I'll never have to find out.  But it sure is fun to be able to play with them and then send them home!

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat





        

3 comments:

  1. well, so.. you got twins (in a roundabout kind of way)...
    super cute boys... i come from a family of 9 boys (and 1 sister - plus myself)... therefore, i think boys are awesome....
    keep posting their progress...
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I knew I was only pregnant once I had wished for two, I knew it would of been hard to jggle it all and I too am very impressed with the mama that can do that. Your neice has such beautiful little ones. Thanks for sharing.
    Good luck with your therapy. I was a rehab aid so I know the pain that can be there but just remember you want to walk without aid and pain so do what needs to be.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.