Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day for Remembering

     Events 10 years ago today changed not only my life, but those of every American.  No matter where we were or what we were doing we collectively gasped in horror as the reality of what was happening set in. 

    First, one plane crashed; then 2 and 3; and a fourth.   It was clear...

        America was under attack!

     I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the radio and seeing on the TV.  This just couldn't be happening.  But it was.

     I cried as I watched this story unfold.  It was like having a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.  As the towers collapsed I prayed for all the innocent men and women who lost their lives so needlessly.  I prayed for the heroes who tried to save them and for the brave men and women on those planes that went down in Pennsylvania and Washington DC.  America would never be the same.       

     Patriotism, love and compassion became more than just words.  Our nation came together in a way that none of us had ever seen.    Strangers were hugging on the street.  Neighbors were taking time to stop and talk to each other.  We became "One Nation Under God"

     On this 10th anniversary, our entire nation is taking time to remember....to pay our respects for lives lost, to thank our heroes, and to celebrate our great nation.  We may have lost much that day, but we gained even more.  We gained appreciation and respect for this amazing country we live in.  We gained strength.  Instead of letting this attack destroy us we took from it a unified strength and pride in being an American.

     I love this country.  May God always bless America!

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.