Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Are You Ready for Some Football

     I wouldn't call myself a football widow.  I've always tried to be supportive of my husband watching sports on TV and most of them I don't mind watching with him...even enjoying some of them.  If it's sports, Kenneth is a fan.  Now give me a good baseball or basketball game and I can get into it with the best of them; but when it comes to football - I just don't get it!

     In my defense, the small school where I graduated didn't have a football team, therefore, I didn't grow up with it.   I've tried to watch it on TV or at local high school games and understand what the players are suppose to be doing....but nothing.  I just don't get it!    

     Don't get me wrong.  It's not that I dislike football; but then again, it's not that I like it either.  I guess I'm just indifferent.  It's hard for me to appreciate something I don't understand.   I'm not completely ignorant.  I do know Peyton Manning from Eli Manning and Bret Favre from Drew Brees, if that counts for anything.


     I have nothing against all you gridiron diehards.  My husband, my son and my grandson are among your ranks.   More power to ya!  As for me, I'll continue to sit with Kenneth and watch with one eye while I enjoy a good book, magazine or my laptop.

Until next time...that's my view.

Kat      

No comments:

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.