This weeks topic is one I find very interesting. I consider myself a bona fide list maker - grocery lists, shopping lists, Christmas lists, where to go, when to go, what to take, what to do, people, etc., etc....you get the picture. But even though I am constantly making lists, it never really occurred to me to make a bucket list. I've heard the term and knew what it meant, but I just never felt compelled to sit down and actually think about it. Maybe I didn't want to think about it.
Making a bucket list requires that we think about our own mortality; not an easy thing to do, but at the same time, not a bad thing either. On the other hand, maybe I just never felt the need because my life is so full there is not really that much I could list. I'd like to think that is the case.
In all honesty, I'm not sure I could come up with 100 or 101 things, whatever the correct number for an official bucket list - but I will have to admit there are a few things I would love to accomplish in my lifetime. It might be fun to see them in writing, so, here goes.
1. I don't even have to think about my first one. It has been a lifelong dream, secret desire, wishful thinking, or whatever description you want to put on it. It would have to be to write a book and have it published.
2. Take a cruise. This one I am actually going to be able to cross off in January. My friends and I are going on a Caribbean cruise and I am so excited. I've always wanted to go on one.
3. See my grandchildren grow up and have families of their own.
4. See my husband get to retire and live life for a change. He has been a dairy farmer all his life and works himself to death. He doesn't know how to relax and enjoy life.
5. Make a difference in someone's life.
6. Get out of debt.
7. Make it to "old" age without arthritis completely deteriorating my back and feet to the point that I end up in a wheelchair.
8. Organize all my photos.
9. Read all the books I have that I haven't read yet.
10. Meet Jon Bon Jovi and see Bon Jovi in concert.
11. Figure out how to put pictures on the side of my blog page that stay there. I would love to show the Versatile Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award that were given to me by wonderful blogger friends but I can't figure out how to get them on there. UGH!!
12. Since I am dreaming, I will add how wonderful it would be to get to meet some of my new blogging friends someday. I am so in awe of some of you - your accomplishments and your writing skills. I am so honored and also humbled that you allow me to be in your circle of bloggers.
Okay, whether any of this qualifies as a bucket list or not is questionable. Such as it is, it was fun to think about things that I haven't done, want to do, or just wish I could do. Some for fun and some are deep desires of my heart. Either way, this is probably the closest I will ever get to writing a bucket list.
Until next time...that's my view.