Upon reading this week's GBE2 prompt, my mind immediately started to wander. Many topics came to mind but soon fled for lack of interest. What to write about? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, you know, when the proverbial light bulb flashes in your head so bright it gives you a headache. Helloooo.....it's Christmas. Is there any season that is more abundant with wonder and amazement?
So, in keeping with the spirit of the season, I've decided to make a list of my top 10 most amazing moments of Christmas wonder. Here goes...in no particular order.
1. The first time you see a living nativity.
2. The joy when your child is in his first Christmas pageant.
3. When you listen to Handel's Messiah.
4. The expression on your child's face each time you read them the Christmas
story about the birth of Baby Jesus.
5. The excitement of your children on Christmas morning.
6. The beauty of the first snow.
7. The realization that Christ was born to save me from my sins....how awesome is that!
8. The love of family as we gather together to celebrate.
9. The gleam in a child's eye when they sit on Santa's lap.
10. The beauty of Christmas morning when the earth is covered with glistening
snow and the house is still quiet giving you time to reflect on the wonder and glory of life itself.
Like the shepherds in the fields, I stand in awe of the wonder and glory of the reason we celebrate Christmas. I am humbled by the fact that God loved me enough to send his only Son. How could we not wonder about the beauty around us and how blessed we really are.
I, for one, love this season and I never forget it's real meaning. Love came down at Christmas and it has never left. How wonderful is that! May God's love always surround you and your family and may your wonder and excitement over Christmas always be as that of a child.
From my house to yours, Merry Christmas with love.
Until next time...that's my view.
Written for GBE 2 week #31 prompt - Wonder