Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Day With Friends and Family

     The prompt for week 57 of our GBE 2 group is "Two Days Ago".  I had hoped to get this written on Monday but wasn't able to accomplish that.  Since this week has been pretty boring, I am going to invoke my creative license and pretend like I am writing this on Monday.  I won't really be cheating since the idea for my post actually came to me on Monday.  Therefore, my two days ago was Saturday.

     Saturday was an awesome day!  The entire day was spent with friends and family and it doesn't get much better than that.  It started out bright and early, well maybe not so bright, when I got up at 5:00 a.m. and had breakfast with my hubby.  I don't normally get up that early since he fixes his own breakfast so this is a rare event for me.  I always enjoy time spent with hubby.

     After that, I got myself ready and gathered all my food and supplies to go to our second monthly Women's Prayer Breakfast at our church.  This is one of our new projects that has come from our newly reorganized women's ministry group which encourages all women to get involved through various opportunities.   Sister Jane decided to start a monthly prayer breakfast and I volunteered to help.    For this one I made baked french toast with nut topping and homemade cinnamon syrup and melon balls.  Jane made mini bacon quiche.  

    
      As good as the food was, that really wasn't the best part of the morning.  This time of fellowship and coming together to discuss and pray about our church, our community, our country and each other is such a heart warming experience.  I need this monthly renewing of my spirit and commitment and look forward to it enthusiastically.  

     Saturday afternoon, Jane, my niece Cheri, great niece Jayna and I went to Indiana to visit my dad for Father's Day.  

     After visiting awhile at his apartment, we took him out for dinner at Cracker Barrel and then to Wal-Mart to buy a new razor and groceries.  We had a wonderful time and I am always grateful for time spent with family.   And who wouldn't have a great time with this little cutie?


     By the time I got home I was worn to a frazzle, whatever that means!  But no matter how tired I was, it had been a perfect day.

Until next time...that's my view.
Kat    

13 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great day. Time with family is invaluable and throw in a husband cozy breakfast and prayer with friends...oh yeah, that's a Sunday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a nearly perfect day. It doesn't get much better!

      Delete
  2. WOW what an AWESOME DAY! and i get to see more pics and see achem..dang woman you are a cook!! My mom volunteers too in the same capacity!! What a joy to know you..and wow..you still have your dad! ((hugs)) just loved this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda. It really was an awesome day. How wonderful for your mom! Hugs right back at you!

      Delete
  3. A perfect day indeed! Breakfast with hubby, dinner with dad,prayer with friends,precious time with nieces and some yummy baking thrown in...my idea of a perfect day as well,Kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laila. There have been too few of those kind of days lately so it was a real blessing.

      Delete
  4. Awwie what a cute baby. Glad you had an awesome time. b=Bacon quiche looks tempting and am sure tasted good too :p. good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Jayna has been a wonderful addition to our family. The breakfast really was delicious if I do say so myself!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!! Loved seeing your pictures, and that sweet baby is just adorable. Seeing it makes me wish that at least one of my babies was still that size!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since we have had one that small in our family so naturally we are spoiling her rotten!

      Delete
  6. It certainly sounds like it was a day to replenish the soul! And anytime you want to pass alongh the recipe for the wonderful dish, feel free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day! Oh, and would you care to share the recipe for that fabulous-looking dish up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I would be glad to share. I'm taking a break from my computer for a few days to spend some quality time with my hubby but I will post it later next week.

      Delete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.