Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Halloween at the Zoo

     Wow!  Can't believe we finally made it to Z.  I am glad I chose memories as my A - Z theme because it has been fun taking a walk down memory lane, even if challenging at times.    To wrap up this journey, I have decided to reminisce  about taking the grandkids trick or treating at the zoo.


     Our local zoo sponsors an enormous Halloween party every year.  Back when our grandkids were younger, two of my sisters and I would take all seven of them every year.  I am a huge fan of the zoo and loved going as much as the kids.    And any time I get to spend time doing something special with my grandkids is the greatest joy of all. 



     The zoo was a wonderful, safe alternative to door to door trick or treating.  Every few yards was a different company or organization sponsored booth where the costumed characters would hand out various goodies, treats and gifts to the kids.   There were always plenty of fairy tale characters walking around to interact with the kids also.   It was so well planned that it was always fun for the whole family.






     One of the areas that our kids enjoyed most was the maze made of hay bales.  That was just one of many favorite spots where the adults got to catch their breath for a few minutes. 











 


      Just like this A - Z Challenge, the Halloween trips to the zoo have come to an end.  There is an age limit for the kids trick or treating and our kids are all too old.  I miss those trips and the excitement on my grandchildren's faces as they talked to the fairy tale characters or got a special treat at one of the booths.    Luckily, life goes on to different challenges and more exciting adventures.

Until next time....that's my view.
Kat

15 comments:

  1. Great pictures!

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Congratulations on finishing the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cool -- didn't know you could trick or treat at zoos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about all zoos but the Louisville Zoo does.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, trick-or-treating in a zoo! Safe and lots of fun for kids and parents/grandparents. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine. Yes, it is wonderful!

      Delete
  4. that is so awesome! how fun.... great job on your A to Z's, kat... blog on....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Daphne. You too! XOXO

      Delete
  5. Our zoo does an annual Hallo-ZOO-een too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and yes, a delightful way to wrap up the month. Congratulations! It's been a pleasure reading your blog and I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you making all 26 days, I couldn't even make it through "A"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll make it next year! :D

      Delete
  8. Great job Miss Kat! This zoo sounds like a ton a fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's at the Louisville Zoo. Your grandkids in TN should try to come up next year!

      Delete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.