Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Then and Now

Written for GBE2 week #48 prompt - Now

     Not wanting to miss this week's GBE2 challenge but not having a lot of time with the A to Z challenge, I decided to do a short Then and Now.  This June my husband and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary so I thought it would be fun to look back at then as compared to now.  So, here goes.

Then...


     Back then I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world and that it wasn't possible to love Kenneth any more than on that day.  He was so handsome and kind and for some reason he was in love with me.  I was on cloud nine.

Now...


     And now...I'm still the luckiest girl in the world and I do love him even more now than I did then.  We have both grown over the years (in more ways than one, but we won't go into that) and I now know the true meaning of unconditional love, something I don't think you can fully understand when you are just a kid.  I wouldn't trade one day with this man for anything in the world.

Until next time...that's my view.
Kat

18 comments:

  1. I'mma thinkin' that guy got lucky! I love the pics. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two were and are an adorable couple. You were lucky in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying so Linda. Yes, we were lucky in love.

      Delete
  3. 40 years, now that's an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is and I look forward to many more!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE it!! We are having our 20th this June. Thanks for the marriage encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Anna. Congratulations on your 20th!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the pics--you two make a great looking couple--now and then!! Congrats on 40 years!! That is awesome!

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn. We are very blessed.

      Delete
  6. So wonderful! And you are beautiful now, just like you were on your wedding day. What's most beautiful is how happy you look in BOTH pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so kind Sharon. We are very blessed.

      Delete
  7. How wonderful! I love that after all these years, the love between you and your hubby is still there--alive, well, and deeper than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beth, I was certainly blessed when it came to love.

      Delete
  8. Aw, what a sweet ode to love, then and now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you both continued joy...May your love keep growing stronger ♥

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.