Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Who Am I?




     This is the question posed by the 1st prompt of my new writing group called The Blogging Lounge.     Our mission, if we so choose to accept it, is to interpret that question in any form we like.

     So, who am I?  I could answer that with a lot of flowery embellishments that make me sound like something I’m not, or I could be funny and make myself sound like a comedian, but neither is really me.    I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, Christian and blogger who lives a simple, country life.

     For those of you who followed my blog in the past, this is old news; but, since this is a new blogging group, with new members, I decided to reintroduce myself.   

     Hello, my name is Karen Taylor, Kat for short.  I have been married to a dairy farmer and lived on the same small dairy farm for 41 years.  I am mother to one son and granny to 2 grandchildren.   I have 3 sisters, many nieces and nephews and my 92 year old father lives with my husband and me.   My mother has been deceased for 2½ years.    I am blessed to have a crazy group of girlfriends whom are like family to me.  

     My blog, My View Through Kat Eyes, is my personal journal that I share with anyone who wants to read it.  It is a reflection of my life and documents much of my life journey and experiences, both good and bad.    Anyone who has read my work in the past knows that family and friends, as well as my faith, are the most important treasures of my life.  They are often the subjects of my blog posts (sometimes, much to their chagrin).   

     I also have a second blog, that I hope to resurrect in the near future called Life is a Pain…Misery Optional!.  This blog is where I hope to connect with others, like myself, who suffer with chronic pain from various forms of arthritis and other painful conditions.

     So, who am I?   I enjoy life and all that it offers.  I am very excited to get back to blogging.   I am all the things listed above, and much more.   To really get to know me, you will have to visit my blog often. 

Until next time…
Kat

30 comments:

  1. I am so happy to have you back! I miss reading your soft and loving words as well as those with a bit of humor!
    Let's try really hard to keep up, shall we? I know we can do this together, cuz that's what friends do; they do things by encouraging each other. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jo, we can do this together. I will try my best to keep up. I am glad to be back. I have missed writing. <3

      Delete
  2. You are a beautiful soul Kat. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you November Rain. That means a lot coming from one of the most beautiful souls I know.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And, very nice to meet you, Eric. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love this. I also love that you live the country life. That's something I am hoping to one day have myself. A nice home on lots of land with a bunch of horses and more. :) You did a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ariana. I am looking forward to the next prompt. BTW, we have cows, not horses.

      Delete
  5. So very glad to have you back Kat. I've missed your blog and your lovely writing. It was nice to learn some new things about you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. It is good to be back.

      Delete
  6. Good to get to know you, Kat. Would love to know where you live too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I live in Kentucky on a 300 acre dairy farm.

      Delete
    2. Paula, if you would really like to get to know me I hope you will take time to look back over some of my past blogs. I am pretty much an open book.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to reading your work and...a dairy farm. Sigh. I'm jealous. I grew up on 40 acres and miss it terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly. So glad you dropped by. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. Good to see you again, Kat. It's been awhile. I like your overview. Glad to re-know you!

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-blogging-lounge-who-am-i.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. It is good to be back among friends.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Kat, it's great to see you here. I enjoyed reading about your background and look forward to reading more about you and your life and loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. So glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  10. Great to see you here, Kat. I enjoyed reading about your background and look forward to learning more about your life and loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Nice meeting you - I grew up on a small farm (Christmas trees and horses) and still love the land

    TM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. Nice to meet you, too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. nice to meet you kat, again.... lol..... nice re-introduction. looking forward to reading your stories, again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne. I am looking forward to sharing my stories again.

      Delete
  13. Kat you are marvelous. Never knew about the second blog. What a great title and I suspect great information to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. I do really want to get the other blog back up and running. I had barely gotten it started when my life took a major turn and I haven't blogged much since. Maybe now is the time to get back on track.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Steven. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  15. Nice to meet you Kat. Seems we have quite a bit in common, love of family, faith, good friends and all that goes along with going through this thing called life.. I look forward to getting to know you better! Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.