Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Moments That Left Me Breathless

     “Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” ― Hilary Cooper


     The above  quote is one of my favorites because of the simple logic that can make such a dramatic difference in the life we live.  Too  many  people go through life never taking time to appreciate the little moments that are so important.  Appreciating the little moments in life is essential to enjoying life and all it has to offer.   Finding the beauty in every day will make us more aware of those little moments that take our breath away.

      This week's prompt for our GBE 2 writing group is the word breathless.  There are many ways you could interpret this word and many directions you could go with writing about it.  I decided to think back on many of the moments in my life that left me breathless.  This is by no means an exhaustive list, but here are some of the top moments that took my breath away.    Many of them still do, no matter how many times I see them.

1.    The first time Kenneth asked me out.

2.    The first time Kenneth kissed me.

3.    The Christmas eve I unwrapped my engagement ring.

4.    My Wedding Day


5.    The day my son was born and I looked at that tiny little face.

6.    Every time my baby boy accomplished a new task such as 
       laughing, rolling over, calling
       me momma, etc. 

7.    The day my son got married.

8.    The day both of my grandchildren were born.

9.    Every time I see a rainbow or a beautiful sunset.

10.  Any time I see the view from the top of a mountain.

11.   Any time I stand on the beach and see the vastness of the ocean.


12.   Many times on my first cruise, seeing for the first time
        the beauty of the Caribbean.


13.  Every time my grandchildren run in the house when
       coming for a visit.


14.  Every time I see a butterfly.


15.  Every time I get together with my friends and realize   
       how blessed I am.


16.  Every time I hear a beautiful hymn sung with conviction.


17.  Every time I witness a miracle.


18.  Every time I feel the presence of God and see the blessings of his mercy and grace.


     I could go on and on for days because I am so blessed.   I don't believe in waiting for the mountain top highs to take my breath away.  I would rather enjoy the beauty of the little moments that bring joy to my life.  Those are the real moments that take my breath away.


Until next time...that's my view.
Kat












 

22 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your breathless moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. It seems the older I get the more I appreciate the little moments in life.

      Delete
  2. We agree, life is breathless sometimes in the moments that cannot be repeated. Love your list. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I loved yours too. You know the old saying...Great minds think alike! <3

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it really is the little things in life that get you...in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Steven. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful moments you have experienced over the course of your life time!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I realize looking back that I didn't always realize just how special some moments were. The older I get the more I realize what's really important.

      Delete
  5. The breathless joy of life, you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. I think with age comes a certain wisdom in realizing just how blessed we really are.

      Delete
  6. All wonderful moments and breathless indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is appreciation for the little things that make a person happy.

      Delete
  7. Kat, these are beautiful breathless moments! I can hardly wait for grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Take my word for it, there is nothing like them. They are such a blessing. You will love it when the time comes!

      Delete
  8. Looks like you've had many wonderful moments.


    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, I think we have to look for those special moments everyday.

      Delete
  9. Love that you don't wait for the mountain top highs Kat. Super list and very heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, life would just be too disappointing if I did. There are beautiful moments everyday!

      Delete
  10. Everyday there are moments to take our breath away. We just have to look. I love you list.
    Take care Kat and have a blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Julie, there are breathtaking moments everyday. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  11. I love how most of your 'breathless' moments involve family and relationships!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could they not, Anna, when family and relationships are the most important thing in my life!

      Delete

You've read my thoughts, now, please leave me yours. Thank you.